Singin’ In The Rain

Sunday 29th March | 3 comments
0
Singin' in the rain...

Singin’ in the rain…

Another busy week for all things music at Farsley Farfield! There were lots of instrument lessons as always with children continuing their good work on keyboard, guitar, recorder, fife, violin and voice. Key Stage Two continued singing in the style of the blues, performing a rewritten version of James Brown’s hit “I Feel Good” in Special Mention Assembly on Friday morning. Key Stage One learnt a song about spring chickens (all yellow AND small!) in preparation for Year One’s performance on Tuesday. Sing and Strum Club learnt 3 new songs, with children writing their own ukulele-themed lyrics for the well known song If You’re Happy and You Know It (tap your uke!).

Sing and Strum Club usually puts a full stop on music for the week at Farfield but on Saturday, Farsley Farfield Choir performed fabulously at Farsley Farmers’ Market. Comprising of Year 5 girls, they performed bravely in the pouring rain and howling wind, singing songs from a wide range of genres. They impressed the public with their effort, determination and their singing and I know both Mrs Sloan and Mr Sharp are extremely proud of them. Many thanks to those parents who supported the children in doing this, we look forward to performing at the market again!

3 responses to “Singin’ In The Rain”

1. peterharris says:

Well done choir! You showed talent and determination in those conditions!

2. aleela says:

I love that song because me and shonie do it in preforming art’s. Just singin in the rain.

3. Mason says:

Good job! Keep it up. :]